COVID-19 Business Impact 90 Days in: Results from the April 2020 Flash Survey
COVID-19's Impact to IT Investments, April 2020, percentage of respondents – Majority (76%) of AmCham China members in April 2020 survey are increasing their IT investments, mainly to boost productivity and enhance customer relationships
- Increase for Productivity – Three in ten of AmCham China member companies who answered question about COVID-19’s impact to IT investment said they are increasing spending to improve workforce productivity
- Boost for Customer Service – One-fifth are raising IT costs to enhance more meaningful relationships with customers, while 10% are shifting offline revenues to digital channels
- Raise for Improved Analytics – Less than 10% upgrading technology costs for better analytics to improve decision making
- Reduce Overall Costs – Approximately 3-7% are adjusting IT spending to reduce overall costs or meet tight budget constraints
- No Change in Spending – 19% said there will be no change in their IT investments
Note: Data from AmCham China’s 129 member companies who answered question in Flash Survey between April 13 and 17, 2020.
For more information, visit the AmCham China website.
- Lower Revenue, Delays Hinder Return to Normal, Apr 2020 (AmCham China)
Original publication date: April 29, 2020
Date last updated: May 5, 2020