To overcome the difficulties together | Under the epidemic situation, the remote office mode is turned on, are network security measures ready?
Protecting People and Assets from Risks – Ernst & Young shares ways companies can secure their information and people assets from risks brought by COVID-19 pandemic
Summary:Ernst & Young article discusses countermeasures companies can use to protect employees and security systems from risks brought by Coronavirus epidemic. Summary recommendations include:
- Risk Assessment – Assess main risks faced in potential epidemic situations, and protect organization by identifying sensitive and critical assets, including key personnel positions, office premises, information systems, etc.
- Employee Health Monitoring – Use social software, telephone, and forms to collect employees’ health and travel status in timely manner, identify susceptible groups and report occurrence to enterprise emergency management team
- Online Learning and Experience – Promote awareness, education, sharing of experience and skills training through online platforms, including on epidemic and emergency response, work-related professional knowledge and cybersecurity measures
- Secure Company Information – Specify access rights or encrypt large work data files, and implement solutions for employees’ personal devices to protect company data with anti-virus and malware detection
- Boost Network Security – Secure exposure of company’s intranet from public network through firewalls and virtual private networks (VPNs), and prevent routers from incorrect configuration and vulnerabilities
- Select Vendors Carefully – Understand regulatory compliance, data isolation, and availability levels of remote collaboration tools before signing service and confidentiality agreements, stipulating data disposal and authority responsibilities
Original publication date: February 4, 2020
Date last updated: April 14, 2020